Monday, May 25, 2009

Edmonton

Back from a good trip to Edmonton, Started with a quick 5 hour drive, went by really fast, singing RED and talking about random stuff was fun. Got there at 1:30 and went to West Ed, Stayed there till 8, watched the new terminator, it was good.

The bands were ok, I wasn't there really for the music, or the speakers, I came because I needed to get closer to God somehow, and a lot to try and escape the memories of Cassie.

Well i succeeded in one of those things, I'm a lot closer to God now, for some reason, this was the worst weekend for thinking about Cassie yet. Every couple minutes she'd pop back in, I have no idea what's going on. It seems as if I'm torturing myself, subconsciously, bringing back as much pain as possible, why? I'm not exactly sure. Maybe I'm not doing that...

Maybe I'm supposed to think about her? The closer I get to God it seems the more the memories of Cassie stay in my head. I don't believe that, but it has crossed my mind.

I have no idea....anyways, one of the speakers talked about something I've been saying for years. People don't need more rules, or more time at church. People simply need more Jesus. Once you're close to Jesus, righteousness, love, wisdom. Those things will come into your life, not the other way around. God and Jesus are the starting point, not the end. By the Love of God we become able to love right, we become whole.

got to go to soccer,,, ill finish off the trip and stuff later

No comments:

Post a Comment