Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Good Example

I was at work when this started. no editing, these are all the txts that happened between me and some kid named Braiden, if he exists and isn't Cassie in disguise....however i doubt that...11:21-1:15

Note- 880-0117 is Cassie's cell number
Also Note- I hadn't txted her at all that day or last night, and when i did txt her, it was all small talk bullshit ending with her saying she would call me last night if she got the chance. The last contact to me was 3:56pm the day previous. a txt.

11:21am
880-0117- Cassie wants me to tell you that i have her phone.
Owen-And who r u?
880-0117-Braiden
Owen-And y do u have her phone?
Braiden-Long story.
Owen-im bored....lets hear it
Braiden-Don't worry bout it.
Owen-lol....im not worried...whatever floats ur boat bro
Braiden-Not worried? Why wove you be?
Owen-Wove??
Braiden-Would. Obviously.
Owen-Not so obvious in my world.. Obviously i said it in response to ur "dont worry about it".
Braiden-Well whatever. She just wanted you to know so you don't get all bitchy that she didn't call you yesterday.
Owen-Holay....all bitchy he says...i cant say i care that much...i just think if shes gonna say shes gonna do somethin she better do it
Braiden-Whatever dude. Get a life.
Owen-haha....she's just trashed me behind my back to u guys...ur funny...i didnt realize honesty was a terrible thing... u dont even know me bro
Braiden-She hasn't said shit. I have her phone buddy. I see the pathetic shit you say to her so really. Get over your phony angst.
Owen-lol... 1. u have no idea buddy so chill....2. Attempted suicide isnt a phony angst....so back off.u dont know me
Braiden-Deal with it. Your shit ain't nothing.
Owen-Ok...all knowing asshole...whats my shit?
Braiden-Your parents divorve. Your dad moving. Your misguided sense that you'll save the world. Your other girlfriend.
Braiden-Fuck man. You're so naive.
Braiden-You're so fucked. You need more help. Stop kidding yourself. You're not gonna save shit.
Owen-Got that all from the txts??? Fuck you bud...she never knew me then....let alone now... I got the help... Im not stupid...change the world??
Owen-Never said that to anyone...nor do i believe it...do i want to die now??? No...am i in alot of pain??? No
Owen-Im a good guy living a good life...im trying merely to be friends with someone i cared about...and shes still lieing to me
Owen-So how does that make me the pompous asshole???
Braiden-Theres this little thing called reality. And i hope it hits you in the face and knocks you on your ass. But other then that, i've got nothing to say.
Owen-Haha i know more about reality then any of you people...tell me....what am i faking??? What am i lieng about that the truth will reveal??
Owen-U dont know me....u have no idea who i am...its ur lil friend there who is constantly running and lieing...so back off faggot
Braiden-Lol. You obviously don't know me either.
Owen-I never said anything about you....you've been attacking me the whole time...i've been trying to explain but u keep assuming u know it all

3 possible motivations for Braiden's behavior arise
1.Trash talk- Cassie has trashed me so much to this kid that he thinks I'm some asshole who deserves to be attacked.
2.Protection- He sees Cassie as a vulnerable virgin who needs a knight in shining armor, she's painted him the picture that I'm a dragon and she's the maiden, this guy sees it as his duty to protect the weak and fight the evil.
3.Emotions- He has a thing for/with Cassie, from the stories he's heard about me, I'm an asshole and either A. Trying to catch Cassie's attention or B. Feels compelled to always take her side, he doesn't know my side (and doesn't care) so just attacks me relentlessly.

Regardless of the motivation we can draw an obvious conclusion.
Cassie has no integrity- I have given her no rational reason to insult me, yet obviously she's talked serious shit to me to this guy, and probably all her friends/family. She disrespected my trust of my personal information and has no problem insulting me. (I bet the words that were spoken to Braiden by Cassie when she learned of the exchange were "You're my hero".)

I have no idea who this kid thinks he is...somewhere in his tiny little mind this must just get him off. This exact mentality is where the world is going wrong, to him life is a struggle, someone has to win and someone has to lose, if he really wanted to talk me about this shit he could have easily asked, instead of attacking. Also he says "Deal with it. Your shit ain't nothing."...life isn't about comparisons, its about helping everyone with the problems they are experiencing, if the problems are big or small is not our judgment call. Perspective plays the biggest role in life and suffering, we need to look at problems in someone else's shoes, for not everyone has the same tolerance as we do. His world must (assumption) have always been a battle, with him always losing or caught in the middle. That is what life is, but its not what it should be and its not what we should strive for. Someday i hope Braiden learns that the goal is to love everyone, until then he will be surrounded in battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment