Monday, October 10, 2011

Self-Control (Or the lack there of)

Went out for Spo's birthday Saturday night. Pre-drank at Ross's place for 2 1/2 hours before going to JT's, when we showed up we immediately took shots, bad idea. A bunch of cove people showed up and the place was pretty dead. I was barely hanging on but managed a drunk text conversation that was extremely stupid and embarrassing. I felt like a pretty big tool the next morning.

I ended up jumping on a cab at 1:30 and just listening to music for 2 hours before going to sleep, which saved me from more alcohol. My Mom and Dave were gone for the weekend and I left the car at Ross's, so I was car-less for the next 2 days. Biking everywhere was a good thing though, because after drinking for 4 nights out of 7 I needed to do some serious cardio.

Trying to not drink obviously didn't work, so I plan to try and keep it down to twice a month (perhaps thrice). It doesn't help that my friends only come together when there is alcohol involved so I don't see them unless everyone's drunk.

In other news, I haven't touched my Panzer 4 in nearly a month (Pics on facebook). After I finished Arrested Development I didn't have a show on netflix to watch, and I can't work on it without something for my brain to do. So it sits on my table, staring at me with these sad, puppy dog eyes asking to be finished and placed on the shelf with its brothers.

However, my computer is finally getting shipped back to Saskatoon, after taking flippin 2 months because of UPS damaging it and claims and waiting for parts to come in etc etc. It is now ready and should begin the journey home tomorrow. If I'm lucky I should have it by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment