Thursday, October 13, 2011

Forests of Nightmares

So I'm still working on that sleeping thing, getting better. Only spent an hour or two awake this time. Ironically, this night it was being asleep that was the weird part. I had an epic dream that continued even after waking, I'd awake get up, fall asleep and re-enter the story.

I got up 30 minutes ago so the details are going to be a little fuzzy now, but I remember the important parts

It started with me in a past girl's new house, and for some reason I was still head over heels for her in the dream, we just talked for a while and although I remembered every detail about her. She couldn't even manage to remember my name except that it's, "short and rough sounding." She starts warning me that I should leave before her friends, who she knows hate me, show up. But right as I'm about to leave the whole place gets flooded with her friends. I vaguely remember them surrounding me and ushering violent threats. But I can't remember exactly what happened next.

But all of a sudden I'm back in High School, and although she never literally went to my school, she's there in my class, but as a 'guest' of mine who is attending my classes, yet she is being equally as disinterested and uncaring as before. The apathy feels like a crushing weight. Everyone breaks for lunch and while eating I recognize some of my real life high school friends over at a table, I don't have time to talk to them because I realize that she's gone, and for some reason it's urgent that I find her. I pull out my phone and txt her, and she replies with something vague about another world or dimension, it's kind of fuzzy right now.

Anyway, So now I get sucked into this other world, and there's 3 people now, me, her, and I swear doc brown. Not him exactly, but some strange scientist I don't recognize. But we're in this gigantic forest, and doc tells us that the place is growing extremely quickly and is trying to kill us. So we all start running, apparently there are "cities" and safe spots or something, so there is hope of living. We run like mad from growing entangles that are trying to grab us, and brush coming out of nowhere. Trees are thickening like giant redwoods, while vines lash out. She mentions something about finding the best exit, or safe zone or something of that sort. But at this time I've lagged behind a bit, probably 5 metres and it's getting worse. I know that they know that I can't keep up and need help. By now they're out of sight. I come to the last known spot where I heard them. But they're nowhere to be seen, and I feel terribly alone. There's a sign showing a make shift map, showing me where I am and the general places of the "cities".

As I read it I understand fully that there is no way I'm going to make it to any of these places, I essentially sit back and wait for the forest to devour me. Left behind.

At this point I'm awake, but it's 45 minutes before my alarm is set, and I lie there, waiting until my alarm before getting up. Just thinking about the horrible apathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment